Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LIGHTER MOMENT

Humour is not an easy job but a serious business. I feel one needs to leave something to a person’s imagination in a joke to make him or her laugh. Let me see if I can bring a smile at least to you all.


A couple got into argument about choice of curtains for the house. The people around were amused to see the husband at the losing end till his wife said that her choice was always better than his. He readily agreed saying “ Sure Honey, I absolutely agree with you, you are my choice while I am your choice.”


Once 4 friends were in a bar having good time. Somehow their talk got around to affects reading a book has on a lady who is expecting. One said his wife read Lone Ranger while in that state and they were blessed with a bonny son. Second said his wife read Tale of Two Cities and they had twins. Third one said his wife read Three Musketeers resulting in triplets for them. Fourth one fainted. When he was revived he stated that his wife was in family way and she was reading Alibaba and 40 Thieves.


There was a sudden spurt in child birth in a village which did not seem normal. A survey was conducted and it was found that a year earlier a new high speed train had been introduced on that route which passed through the village at 5 in the morning. People said it was little early to get up but too late to go back to sleep.


Jojo was in purchase department of a large multi product factory . Few months after marriage he had to go out of town for a few days to procure raw material for production. His wife could not go as she did not get leave. He was expected to be back after a week but he sent sms on 7th day saying “ still purchasing and will take 2 or 3 more days.” But at the expiry of the extended period he sent sms again saying “ still purchasing and may take 2 days more.” Again he sent sms after 2 days “ purchase still on and will take few more days.” His wife replied back “ You better be back or I will start selling what I think you are buying.”


24 comments:

Escapist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Escapist said...

Funny ,like ur old posts used to be..


looking forward for mre.....


joolliiess:)

Tanvi said...

Haha! Good Ones! :) Dose of humor for the day :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Starry-eyed nut said...

hahahahah
good ones :)

Pramoda Meduri said...

:)..good one to have fun :)

Sach1 said...

haha! So good compilation :) Thank you for the msiles :))

Ritika said...

We ll soon find 'humor industry' as we have have bollywood!

ha! I like your compilation!

sulagna said...

hehe..just what i wanted after my lunch hour :) a good laugh

vinny said...

hahhahahhahehhe...ali baba is the coolest!

Uncle, why dont u share 'lighter moments' between u n aunty?? i'm sure there r loads of funny gems stored with u:)

lifeontherocks said...

haa haa really funny.like ur blog!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Funny...
I had read few of those..But Some were totally new!
Gr8...

Anil P said...

Haha. These were fun read. Like you rightly said, it's important to leave something for the imagination to make jokes work.

Jack said...

ESCAPIST :

I am glad on two counts, firstly to see you here and then that you liked this. Take care


TANVI :

I feel satisfied that you enjoyed humour. Which one did you like the most? Take care


STARRY -EYED :

I am happy that you enjoyed these. Take care


PRAMODA :

Nice to see you here and that you found these fun giving. Take care

Jack said...

SACH :

You made me so happy by saying these brought smiles. Take care


RITIKA :

You want Bollywood to start humour industry? As it is they make films, no matter what story, funny. Thanks for liking these. Take care


SULAGNA :

Laughter is good for digestion, is it? I am glad you liked these. Take care


VINNIE :

Where do you think I get the inspiration from? Please read Denis the Menace, you know when. That will keep you active. LOL. Take care

Jack said...

LIFE O T R :

Welcome to my space. I am glad you found these laughable. Please do read my older posts and give your valuable views. Hope to see you often. I will visit you a s a p. Take care


HARMAN :

One can not be serious all the time, isn't it? Thanks for compliment GR8. Take care


ANIL :

Welcome to my space. So nice of you to second my thought. Hope to see you often. I will visit you a s a p. Take care

Rià said...

he he good ones!! :)

Vijendra Lakshmana Rao said...

ha ha ha ha!! lmao!! Its awesome!!! Very funny!! and you are right, Imagination make you more laugh!! Good one!!!

Jack said...

RIA :

I am so glad you found these good. Take care


VIJENDRA :

Welcome to my space. I am so glad that you found these to be funny. Hope to see you often. Do give your views on my older posts too, if you find time. I will try to visit you a s a p. Take care

Shilpi said...

Jack,

I really smiled :)

-Regards!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! great fun it was reading the post! loved the first two!!

looking forward for more :)

Alka Gurha said...

You made me smile...good ones.

Jack said...

SANJANA :

Welcome to my space. I am glad you liked these. Please do give your valuable views on my older serious posts too. Take care


APURVA :

I feel so happy that you enjoyed these. Hope to see you often and also your valuable views on my older posts also. Take care


ALKA :

Thanks for appreciating view. I came to know only today that April has been declared Month of Humour. Take care

A Restless Mind With A Sensitive Heart! said...

Never read such a post on ur blog.

It was funny!

Jack said...

RESTLESS :

One should not become predictable all the time, isn't it? So at times I do share some jokes. As I said one has to leave something to imagination of reader to have a good laugh. I hope you did not get offended by any of these.

Take care