I think I will take up another tag which I remember. Preeti Subramanian had also tagged me some time ago and I promised that I would take it up a s a p. As per rules of the tag one is supposed to tell 10 honest things about himself / herself. Difficult one as once again I have to speak about myself. I think in this I will tell what may be good, bad or ugly.
So here it goes –
1. I have been trying to control my short temper but still can not when I see our younger grandchildren doing something which may hurt them in the presence of nannies or other family members. Or can not find something needed urgently because it has been moved from it’s usual place. I know I could point out that neglect in normal way but that seems to have no affect.
2. I just can not withstand hypocrisy and have been sarcastic at times to persons who indulge it this. It has harmed my relations at times or even caused me financial loss but I can not change.
3. I enjoy 3 – 4 “Chhotta” Old Monks with water in the evening but maintain that enjoy your drink and do not let it enjoy you. Whenever I feel craving for a drink in the evening, I give it up for a week or more.
4. I do tell a lie sometimes but that is in the same way as narrated in
“ Mr Know All” a short story by Somerset Maughm.
5. I have a soft corner for girls. I know some of you may feel this old man has gone round the bend but it is because they are always at the receiving end. I wish to see them with equal standing.
6. I am a dreamer. I always have a wish to leave some sort of legacy behind.
7. I have lost out on awards number of times due to manipulation of my rivals but have never tried to counter it as I feel satisfied with my own achievements.
8. I never have forced my will on our children as I feel that they should take their own decisions. I have been labeled a softee by some relatives. However when I find them going wrong I just tell them to resolve issues in proper manner.
9. I love to see everyone living in harmony and feel sad at bickering for silly reasons which are just figments of mind.
10. I feel very angry at persons who try to use divisive ways to gain their selfish motives, be it at lower lever or national level. If I could even help it I would like to see them suffer due to their own madness.
I think it is enough of EYE ( I ) problem. I am not tagging anyone but leave it to those who wish to take it up.
Preeti, hope I am honest enough.
I do have a hazy recollection that there are few more friends here who had tagged me, please do give me clue so I can take those up also.